People who work in the city usually waste around 2 hours every day just to get to and from work. It doesn’t matter if you’re the commuting kind or if you will be one of the lucky individuals that would own driverless cars once it launches. Just imagine what you could do once you have your own driverless car. If you just feel like you expect more from the minutes you spend in your driverless car or in public transportation, use one of the following ideas.
- Brush your teeth. Anyone can do it, even Mr. Bean. Just don’t use the windshield cleaners to get rid of the toothpaste in your mouth. And if you’re really late and risk forgetting your essentials, just keep a copy of them in your car.
Mr Bean Brushing Teeth
- Put on your makeup. That is, if you’re a woman. If you’re a man, just make sure your hair isn’t disastrously messy. And yeah, I know we’ve all laughed about a woman fixing her makeup while waiting for the green lights, but if you’re not driving, you’re not endangering anyone’s life.
- Listen to a podcast. Self-improvement is one step away, with Apple’s Podcasts. And if you don’t own an iPhone, I’m sure you’re resourceful enough to look for some free online audio-books.
- Learn a foreign language. Being multi-lingual gives you and… your CV a helping hand. Know the German word for surprise? I didn’t either, until I had an Überraschung and realized I can use pretty much any app to learn new words, phrases and even some basic spelling.
Learn Foreign Language
- Read Game of Thrones. Because now you really have the time to finish thousands and thousands of pages, and finally find out what happened to Daenerys Targaryen after Khal Drogo died. Or read any other book, for that matter.
Game Of Thrones
- Listen to any type of music you like. And sing as loud as you can. And give up thinking about going to work. Focus on the lyrics and the melody to relax.
Listen To Music
- Watch a movie you’ve always wanted to see but never had the time. What’s more, do it with your kids or with your partner, while you’re riding with them to school or to work.
Watch Movies In Car
- Get in touch with your relatives. We know you’ve delayed calling them as much as humanly possible, but ‘tis the season to set up your Christmas holiday plans.
Family Meets On Christmas
- Buy a steering wheel desk and answer your emails or get in touch with friends using social networks.
Steering Wheel Desk
- Buy an espresso machine for your car to brew your own cup of Joe, especially if you’re always running late.
Espresso In Car
- Enjoy the scenery. I need to pay for my rent and hold on to my job area.
- But if you’re having trouble being focused on work and if you are trying to enhance your productivity, use a time management app like Remember the Milk. Access it from an iPhone or an iPad and schedule it to let you know of the things you must take care of during a particular day.
Time Management App
- Calculate your expenses to make sure you never run out of money. Who’s a little bookkeeper?
- Play brain games to make sure you keep your memory in great shape.
- Start working as a freelancer while you’re letting your car do your driving (or simply commuting), for some extra bucks or for practicing some skills you can’t make use of at work. Just be realistic about it and don’t be tempted to give up your day job.
- Have an eye for investments? Use the internet to become well-documented about entrepreneurship and about what it really means to make a business of your own.
- Join an online program such as Coursera or Udemy to study courses you’ve never had the chance to take during college. Some of them can even help you get an online degree.
- Bond with your family. Make plans with your partner about the place you’ll go to for dinner. Talk about going out to lunch together. Enjoy these intimate moments together, because you won’t have them while you’re both out at work.
- And if you’re single, join a dating website. Setup your profile and make small steps towards turning romance into a part of your life.
- Write a novel or a non-fiction book. You can even publish it on Amazon afterwards, and even though the financial reward may not be extraordinary, you’ll at least be a published author. But do try to write something good unlike this guy.
Let us know if you liked this article. Don’t forget to share this article with your family and friends to brighten their day.