Let’s compare the rankings to determine the top 10 most expensive cars in the world
When it comes to talking about the most expensive cars in the world, automobiles such as these come in various shapes and sizes. Whether they are fast and furious (such as sports cars) or simply lavishly luxurious, there’s only one thing that these exclusive car brands have in common: their high price.
According to Forbes Magazine, these are the top 10 worthies of recognition:
- The Lamborghini Veneno Roadster (6.5 liters, 12 cylinder engine, 750 hp; $4.5 million)
- The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse (1,200 hp and an 8 liter, 16 cylinder engine; $2.5 million)
- The Koenigsegg Agera S (5.0 liter, V8 engine, 1,030 hp; $1,520,000)
- The Hennessey Venom GT (7.0 liter, twin-turbo V8 engine, 1,244 hp; $1.2 million)
- The Porsche 918 Spyder (4.6 liter, V8 engine, 887 hp; $845,000)
- The Rolls-Royce Phantom Extended Wheelbase (6.75 liters, V12 engine, 453 hp; $298,900)
- The Ferrari F12berlinetta (6.3 liter, V12 engine, 740 hp; $315,000)
- The Bentley Mulsanne (6.75 liters, twin-turbo V8 engine, 505 hp; $298,900)
- The Aston Martin Vanquish (6.0 liter, V12 engine, 565 hp; $279,995)
- The Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Coupe (6.0 liter, bi-turbo V-12 engine, 621 hp; $215,500)
Rankings from Autobytel on the more affordable side
Autobytel, a world-known online publication and a top reviewer of automobiles, has also put together a ranking of the top ten most expensive cars in the world. This is the ranking that we stand by. Unlike other online lists of the most expensive cars in the world, this one is more on the practical side, which is to say that even people who aren’t extraordinarily rich can have their pick out of the following models. Here they are:
- The 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder. Featuring a 4.6-liter V8 engine and an impressive horsepower of 608, this model is clearly destined for the lucky and the few. It comes at a base price of $929,000.
- The 2014 Lamborghini Aventador is another noteworthy variant, as its price varies between $397,500 and $548,800. This figure largely depends on features. The Lamborghini Aventador is a 2-door, 2-seat coupe, which comes with a 6.5 liter, 12 cylinder engine.
- The 2014 Ferrari F12berlinetta couldn’t have missed this ranking. Drivers can purchase this super-fast model at a price of $318,888. It closely resembles the Lamborghini we mentioned above, as it features a 6.3 liter, 12 cylinder engine, and its design: a 2-door, 2-seat coupe.
- Number four is also a Ferrari, the FF. Its price is a little friendlier, as it can be bought for around $295,000. This one is a 2-door, 4-seat coupe, also equipped with a 6.3 liter 12 cylinder engine.
- Yet another interesting alternative is the 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish. This British brand has been around since the beginning of the 20th century and it seems it will never go out of style. With a 6.0 liter, 12 cylinder engine, this vehicle has a current price of $279,995.
- The 2014 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series looks like it’s come out of a science-fiction movie. Customers will rejoice: this model has a 6.2-liter V8 engine, which is responsible for producing 622 hp. It’s fast, chic and downright beautiful. Base price: $275,000.
- The 2014 McLaren MP4-12C costs approximately $265,750. This one looks like it’s been through time travel, because of its vertical doors. Also a coupe, the McLaren has a smaller engine, known for its higher fuel economy: 3.8 liter and 8 cylinders.
- An alluring option is the 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo. Its price revolves around $259,100, but that’s not surprising since the model comes equipped with a 5.2 liter, 10 cylinder engine.
- As for number 9, it’s also a 2014 Ferrari, the 458 Spider. Drivers can purchase it for $257,412. For this type of money, they can get their cake and eat it, thanks to a provocative coupe that comes with a 4.5 liter, 8 cylinder engine.
- The last model on the list is the enchanting 2015 Bentley Continental GTC. Its price… well, do you want to know? If you do, here it is $238,700. But don’t be scared, it’s worth the money. This convertible looks positively divine. And its specs won’t disappoint you either, with its 4.0 liter, 8 cylinder engine and a standard automatic transmission.
Hope you liked our list of the new top 10 most expensive cars in the world 2014. Let us know which one you personally like, and share the article with your friends to show them what you would like to get in the future 😉