What makes the difference between a top exotic automobile and a plain regular one? Is it the age, the brand, the price or the class it belongs to?
What’s So Special About Exotic Cars
The best exotic cars attract the attention of passers-by. They excel in speed, functionality, and design. There’s no perfect recipe for developing an exotic automobile, but manufacturers will always try to focus on looks and power, regardless of the countries they come from. The two main features we’ve discovered, when looking for the top 10 exotic vehicles of our times, are related to price and specifications. Some vehicles are speedier than their counterparts, while some are just plain classy.
According to Gayot, the most exotic sports car that money can buy are the following:
- The Aston Martin DB9 Volante, which features a 6.0-liter V12 engine and a 510 hp and which can be bought for the base price of $200,400.
- The Audi R8 V10 Plus Coupe, that comes with a 5.2-liter V10 engine and a 550 hp. The model can be purchased for approximately $180,000.
- The Ferrari F12berlinetta is another noteworthy variant, with a 6.3-liter V12 engine and a horsepower of 730. This one comes at a base price of $330,000.
- An exquisite option is the Bentley Continental GT Speed, worth a minimum of $221,000. The vehicle comes equipped with a 6.0-liter 12-cylinder engine and a 616 hp.
- The Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder is the pride of one of the most well-known exotic car brands in the world. With a 5.2-liter V10 engine and a 560 hp, this luxurious model won’t seem that expensive, even though its price exceeds $210,000.
- As for the Maserati GranTurismo Sport, it can be bought for almost $130,000 and for this price, it offers drivers a 4.7-liter V8 engine and a horsepower of 453.
- And yet another impressive alternative is the Rolls-Royce Wraith, costing approximately $290,000 and coming with a 6.6-liter V12 engine, as well as a 624 hp.
- Although it does resemble a futuristic car, the Morgan Aero SuperSports promises its drivers an exotic car experience, thanks to its 4.8-liter V8 engine and the 362 hp it comes with. The model can be bought for $174,000.
- The McLaren 12C Spider comes right behind, with a slightly higher price ($269,000) and a 3.8-liter V8 engine, responsible for its 616 hp.
- The last automobile selected by Gayot is the Lexus LFA. Lexus is widely popular for developing luxury cars, and it’s no wonder it is one of the most expensive car brands in the world. In fact, this model can be purchased for almost $375,000 and is a speedy vehicle, thanks to its 552 hp and its 4.8-liter V10 engine.
Forbes Created A List Too
Incidentally, Forbes also made a top list of its own, and the American publication also mentions that the selected automobiles are the most expensive ones of 2014. Models such as the Lamborghini Veneno Roadster, the Bugatti Veyron, the Koenigsegg Agera, the Hennessey Venom and the Porsche 918 Spyder can be purchased for prices in the range of millions of dollars, while the Rolls-Royce Phantom, the Ferrari F12berlinetta, the Bentley Mulsanne, the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Mercedes Benz CL65 AMG Coupe cost less than half a million.
We Stand By The Autobytel Rankings
We picked top 10 exotic autos of our own, being inspired by the ranking performed by Autobytel. As 2015 is approaching fast, we thought it would be more useful to look at these exotic vehicles:
- The Audi R8 V10 Plus comes at a base price of $173,500, with a 550 hp and a 5.2-liter V10 engine.
- Yet another successful German exotic car brand – the new BMW i8 can be purchased for $135,700. This hybrid features a 1.5-liter 3-cylinder classic engine with an electric motor and a battery pack.
- Bugatti is said to launch yet another model of the famous Super Sport, this time estimated at $4,000,000. With an 8.0-liter, 16-cylinder engine and an exciting 1,200 hp, this model will be the choice of the year for speed lovers.
- Kudos to Bentley, for preparing to launch the new Continental GT Speed, at an approximate price of $227,600. This vehicle is dashing, yet powerful, thanks to its 6.0-liter 12-cylinder engine and its 626 hp.
- Probably the cheapest alternative from this list, the Dodge Viper can be bought for only $84,000. Its 8.4-liter V10 engine and its 640 hp make the automobile deserve a closer look.
- For 2015, the Ferrari launched the LaFerrari, coming at a base price of $1,350,000. It’s among the first hybrid models ever developed by the Italian manufacturer and, thanks to its combined 949 hp, it promises to be an interesting variant.
- Next, comes the Koenigsegg Agera R, which can be bought for $1,500,000, offering a 5.0-liter engine and an exceptional 1140 hp.
- The very lucky few can opt for the Lamborghini Veneno, which costs around $4,000,000 and comes with a 750 horsepower, 6.5-liter V12 engine.
- The McLaren 650S has a price of $265,000. It comes in 3 variants: a hybrid and 2 classic internal combustion options.
- The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT Final Edition is the last, but not the least from this top. The 2015 model will successfully conclude the series, thanks to its handmade 6.3-liter V8 engine.
Let us know what you thought of these exotic cars, and which one you would love to own. Share this article with your friends and ask them which one they prefer 😉