We compare two rankings to determine the coolest car in the world 2014
In 2014, both ABC News and Car and Driver put together two rankings of the coolest cars in the world today. While ABC focused on coolness, rarity, and price, Car and Driver also talked about how popular these models currently are.
ABC News featured the following models:
- The Lexus NSF Sport was designed by Will.i.am and released in Paris on the 24th of September 2014. For the moment, the model is a concept car and will be used in later events of 2014 and 2015. Exceptional specs of this vehicle include four 180-degree external cameras that send images via wireless and Bluetooth to any smartphone in the vehicle.
- The Chevrolet Corvette now features a valet mode, which means that drivers have the opportunity to record video and audio while they are not in the automobile. Harlan Charles, a Corvette product manager, characterized the feature as a baby monitor for cars.
- Yet another impressive automobile is the 2015 Kia Sedona, which allows passengers to relax on the back seats of the car, thanks to leg rests. According to Joe DeMatio, an Automobile Magazine editor, the car offers airline business class conditions. It’s a great minivan which just got a complete makeover.
- Another lavish automobile that was selected for the ABC ranking is the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 convertible, which was displayed at the New York International Auto Show in April 2014. The Corvette has been in production since 1963, but the new model comes with a whopping horsepower of 625 and an impressively powerful V8 engine.
- Ford also released a cool new model, the new refreshing Ford Mustang, which commemorates the launch of the automobile in 1964. It has now been 50 years since the initial vehicle was produced, and the car manufacturer stated that they would release only 1964 exemplaries on the market.
- The Alfa Romeo 4C was also included in a Popular Mechanics article, as the team’s top favorite for 2014. It is a lightweight sports car, which comes with a 1.7 liter 1750 turbo petrol engine. Auto Bild, a German car magazine, voted it as the most beautiful concept car of 2011, and the vehicle was updated and released this year.
- The Lamborghini Veneno Roadster is a super sports car that comes with a $4.5 million-worth audio system. This exotic car will be produced in a limited number of only 9 exemplary.
- 2014 was also the year the Ultra-Luxury Range Rover was launched. The car comes with a thrilling interior system that is set on unwinding even the most cranky driver. With 10.2-inch screens and massage-equipped rear seats, this car can be bought for an estimated price of $225,000.
- German designer Robert Gulpen was involved in developing a Gold-Plated Lamborghini of which the base price will be an approximate $8 million. According to ABC News, the metal and precious stones used in the making of the vehicle are worth $2 million on their own.
- Also from Lamborghini comes the new Veneno, which was launched in 2013 and which can be bought for a remarkable price of $3.9 million. This automobile can go from 0 to 62 mph in a little less than 3 seconds.
Car and Driver wrote about 10 of the worlds coolest cars for the year 2014:
- The Audi A6/S6/A7 can respectfully be considered the coolest cars of our times, as they offer drivers a wide range of choices, from hyper-efficiency to extreme power. Any vehicle between the A6 and A7 can go from 0 to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds.
- BMW could not have missed this ranking, with BMW 3- and 4- series. Models from these series can now be purchased for prices ranged between $35,000 and $45,000.
- The Cadillac CTS is a successful combination between a monumental design and an imposing power. The third generation of the series allows clients to choose between a 2.0 and a 3.6-liter gasoline or turbocharged gasoline engine.
- The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray can be purchased for a base price of $52,000 and comes with a 6.2-liter V8 engine. It’s one of our most favorite cars of all times.
- Yet another option is the Ford Fiesta ST, which is one of the cheapest cars of the cool ones featured in this ranking. Its price is an approximate $23,000 and it features a 1.6 liter 197 hp engine.
- The Honda Accord has been in production since 1976. With a long history of offering top quality driving experiences, this model can be bought for prices ranging between $23,000 and $35,000. Customers can choose between a 2.4 liter or a 3.5-liter engine. The more cooler option would be the coupe which just looks great, which also comes in V6 versions to give you a more sporty feel.
- The Mazda 3 and the Mazda 6 series are two other alternatives, and even though they’re not particularly popular in the USA, they’re widely known for their high fuel economy (up to 41 mpg).
- The Porsche Boxster/Cayman is an authentic mix of class and extreme potential. For any of these two models, prices range between $52,000 and $65,000.
- Lastly, Car and Driver spoke about the popularity of the Volkswagen Golf GTI. Volkswagens will probably never go old, both because of their collective acclaim and because they’re set on redefining and updating their models every year. These are also two of the cheapest models money can buy, at least in cool cars. Prices go from $21,000 to $26,000.
What is the coolest car in the world?
We’ve made a choice of our own and picked the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. The automobile was taken on a test drive by Fox Sports, and even though the team expected as little as possible from this award-winning model, they eventually had to admit it is truly spectacular. With a 6.2 liter V8 engine and a breathtaking 460 horsepower, the new Corvette is an option both for the sports car aficionado and for the regular city driver.
To conclude, we’ll state that the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is, indeed, the coolest car of our times.